Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (AGTC) is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to developing novel gene therapies across a wide variety of indications. In coordination with the CFO and Controller, the Senior Accountant, Project Management (PM) facilitates the accurate and timely reporting of AGTC’s contract accrual and manages the ongoing forecasting of the entire process. The Senior Accountant, PM conducts monthly meetings with Contract Monitors and Project Management to ensure contract accruals and forecasts are accurate and complete. Specific duties include contract reviews, developing and maintaining trackers to assist with the monthly contract accrual, financial forecasting and analysis, budgeting and preparation of quarterly and annual work-papers for reviews and year-end audit. The Senior Accountant, PM promotes a supportive, teamwork-oriented environment and fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long-range plan, mission, vision and values of AGTC.
- The Senior Accountant, Project Management will report directly to the Corporate Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees financial reporting and provides financial support for project management and contract monitors.
- Develops long and short-term objectives to carry the organization through each accounting cycle in alignment with established policies and strategic plans.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports and verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files and reconciling accounts.
- Answers accounting and financial questions related to vendor accruals by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides support to project management in completing contract accrual forecasting and managing process for completing contract trackers. Ensures General Ledger is correct regarding contract accrual.
- Protects organization’s values by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes the finance and accounting and organization mission by completing other projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Accounting, or Economics.
- At least five (5) years of Accounting / Finance experience required, life sciences experience highly preferred.
- Proficiency Microsoft Office applications (primarily Excel) and others as required.
- Knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems.Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills as well as the ability to influence others through teamwork and cooperation by applying modern theories of effective leadership, management and negotiation.
- Assess risk using financial, statistical and economic data and create manageable solutions.
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and develop appropriate documentation to support external inquiries.
- This position does not have Supervisory responsibilities but will be required to work closely with and gain the confidence of Contract
AGTC offers a competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, including salary, benefits, and company equity. AGTC is an EOE and maintains a drug-free workplace. Please send CV or resume to:email@example.com