Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (AGTC) is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to developing novel gene therapies for ophthalmic and respiratory-based diseases. AGTC is seeking a full-time Accounting Manager to facilitate accurate and timely reporting of AGTC’s financial statements.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following.
- Review monthly journal entries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate and assist with preparation of annual corporate tax, SEC work papers and External Audit work papers in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review general ledger accounts during month end close in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare reports and schedules for management; detail and analyze monthly financial activity and statistical data, including variance analysis and comments.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of GAAP, Internal Controls, Ethics and Compliance, SOX and ICQ audits.
- Supervision and management of the accounts payable function, including oversight of AP queue, expense accrual process and entries.
- Assist in providing leadership in direction of accounting services and programs.
- Ensure the selection, retention, training, and assignment of competent workforce to ensure effective delivery of departmental services.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, CPA preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in fast paced accounting environment with hands on experience in month end & year end close, audits, analytics, financial statement preparation, as well as AP, Balance sheet reconciliations, SOX, and internal controls.
- Public accounting experience preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems.
AGTC offers a competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, including salary, benefits, and company equity. AGTC is an EOE and maintains a drug free workplace.
Please send CV or resume to email@example.com