Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (AGTC) is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to developing novel gene therapies across a wide variety of indications. AGTC is seeking a highly motivated individual to support our drug development activities. They will be responsible for discovery research, implementing a scientific plan, and working independently in the lab with minimal supervision.
- The Research Associate will report directly to the Scientist, Preclinical Research & Development.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Target validation of candidate capsids, promoters, gene constructs, etc.
- Develop and qualify new assay methods
- Execute routine assays and procedures
- Collect, analyze, record, and summarize data
- Assist with and/or execute production and purification of biologics
- Assist in maintaining laboratory supplies and equipment
- Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of written and electronic materials and results
- Attend designated meetings to ensure professional development
- Present scientific results at appropriate meetings
- Observe and comply with AGTC’s Employee Manual
- Observe and comply with AGTC’s Safety and Quality manual
- Knowledge of laboratory safety, OSHA policies, and EPA standards
- Research Associate II: B.S. with minimum 2 years or M.S. with hands-on laboratory experience in molecular biology, cell biology, virology, or related areas.
- Research Associate III: B.S. with minimum 5 years or M.S. with 3 years of hands-on laboratory experience in molecular biology, cell biology, virology, or related areas.
- Research Associate IV: B.S. with minimum 8 years or M.S. with 6 years of hands-on laboratory experience in molecular biology, cell biology, virology, or related areas.
- Basic knowledge and techniques in AAV or other virus production, purification and characterization.
- Proficiency in basic biological laboratory techniques, including mammalian cell culture, ELISA, molecular cloning, immunoblot, PCR, transfection, AAV transduction, and cell based functional assays.
- Understanding/working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- RA II: work in the lab with some supervision
- RA III: work in the lab with minimal supervision
- RA IV: work in the lab independently
AGTC offers a competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, including salary, benefits, and company equity. AGTC is an EOE and maintains a drug-free workplace. Please send CV or resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org