Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (AGTC) is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to developing novel gene therapies for ophthalmic diseases. AGTC has multiple candidate gene therapeutics in or entering human clinical trials and is seeking a full-time Scientist for Early Upstream Process Development activities.
- The Scientist, Early Upstream Process Development will report directly to the Executive Director, Process Development
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Independently plan and execute experimental protocols
- Cell line optimization, adaptation, screening, selection and characterization for AAV production
- Evaluation of media formulations and process conditions on viral vector production and quality
- Apply statistical analyses to experimental design and data sets
- Document research with SOPs and internal reports as appropriate
- Manage up to two Research Associates
- Represent the company at scientific meetings and present data where applicable
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements.
- A Ph.D. in a biological science or engineering with 0-5 years of experience in an academic or industrial setting
- Extensive hands-on mammalian cell culture experience in the production of biologics, preferably in both adherent and suspension formats
- Strong molecular biological skills encompassing protein, RNA and DNA analyses by conventional and/or advanced techniques
- Ability to identify and adapt new technologies to the production and characterization of viral vectors
- Previous experience with viral vaccines, viruses or viral vectors is highly desired
AGTC offers a competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, including salary, benefits, and company equity. AGTC is an EOE and maintains a drug-free workplace. Please send CV or resume to: email@example.com