Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (AGTC) is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to developing novel gene therapies across a wide variety of indications. The Scientist – Gene Therapy Research will conduct basic research and technology development associated with our discovery and preclinical programs in ophthalmology, CNS/neurology, otology, and beyond. Primary tasks include target selection and validation, as well as development and modification of recombinant adeno-associated virus (AAV) vectors for therapeutic application. This is an exciting and dynamic role, offering multiple career development incentives, including opportunities to manage and mentor research associates, to publish and present important discoveries, and to patent novel gene therapy-related methodologies. This position will be located in Cambridge, MA.
- Reports to the Assistant Director of Gene Therapy Research.
- One or more Research Associates may report directly to the Scientist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creative design and construction of novel AAV vectors & gene cassettes for in vitro assessment and proof-of–concept animal studies.
- Characterization of AAV vectors, including tittering & functional evaluation in cells.
- Preparation and maintenance of cells/tissues required for optimal evaluation of AAV vectors.
- Simultaneously manage and execute experiments for multiple research projects, both independently-driven and team-based.
- Write study reports, manuscripts and present results at appropriate scientific meetings.
- Observe and comply with AGTC’s Employee Manual and Safety & Quality Manual.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety, OSHA policies, and EPA standards.
- A Ph.D. in a relevant biological science from a top-tier institution, with working experience in recombinant AAV vectors.
- Advanced proficiency in molecular biology and protein chemistry techniques (e.g. molecular cloning, PCR, mammalian cell culture, immunoblot, gene transfection procedures).
- Hands-on expertise in viral vector (preferably AAV) design and molecular cloning.
- Ability to design and develop new assay methods, rigorously analyze & interpret data, and to efficiently move projects forward.
- Understanding and working knowledge of key scientific software programs.
- Required to communicate clearly in English—both written and oral.
AGTC offers a competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, including salary, benefits, and company equity. AGTC is an EOE and maintains a drug-free workplace. Please send CV or resume to: email@example.com