Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (AGTC) is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to developing novel gene therapies across a wide variety of indications. The Scientist – Gene Therapy Research will conduct basic research and technology development associated with our discovery and preclinical programs in ophthalmology, CNS/neurology, otology, and beyond. Primary tasks include target selection and validation, as well as development and modification of recombinant adeno-associated virus (AAV) vectors for therapeutic application. This is an exciting and dynamic role, offering multiple career development incentives, including opportunities to manage and mentor research associates, to publish and present important discoveries, and to patent novel gene therapy-related methodologies. This position will be located in Cambridge, MA.
- The Scientist – Gene Therapy will report directly to the Assistant Director – Gene Therapy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creative design, development, and execution of research projects, both independently and as a team.
- Design and construction of novel AAV vectors & gene cassettes for in vitro assessment and proof-of–concept animal studies.
- Write study reports, manuscripts and present results at appropriate scientific meetings.
- Observe and comply with AGTC’s Employee Manual and Safety & Quality Manual.
- Knowledge of laboratory safety, OSHA policies, and EPA standards.
- A Ph.D. in a relevant biological science from a top-tier institution, with working experience in recombinant AAV vectors.
- Advanced proficiency in molecular biology and protein chemistry techniques (e.g. molecular cloning, PCR, mammalian cell culture, immunoblot, gene transfection procedures)
- Successful demonstration of the ability to design and develop new assay methods, rigorously analyze & interpret data, and to efficiently move projects forward
- Understanding and working knowledge of key scientific software programs
- Required to communicate clearly in English—both written and oral
AGTC offers a competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, including salary, benefits, and company equity. AGTC is an EOE and maintains a drug-free workplace. Please send CV or resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org