Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation (AGTC) is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to developing novel gene therapies across a wide variety of indications. This position will be responsible for the preparation of SEC filings, including 10-Qs and 10-Ks and coordination with general counsel with respect to proxy information and other miscellaneous filings. Additionally, this person will be responsible for researching and documenting all technical accounting positions and memos and will oversee all aspects of internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. This position can be located in either Cambridge, MA or Alachua, FL.
- The Senior Manager of Financial Reporting will report directly to the Corporate Controller and indirectly to the CFO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare the Quarterly and Annual Reports on Form 10-Q/K and manage the internal and external review for these documents.
- Create and maintain SEC calendar to inform parties of necessary deadline adherence.
- Lead the Company’s program of internal compliance by establishing and monitoring appropriate internal controls and policies to ensure conformance and compliance with US GAAP and other statutory requirements including Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide US GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner. Communicate and explain accounting issues and evolving accounting guidance to the management team.
- Lead communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure auditor agreement with company decisions on accounting disclosures, and issues.
- Manage the coordination of annual audit and quarterly review activities of external auditors.
- Create, implement and maintain comprehensive worldwide accounting policy documents to improve clarity and consistency.
- Respond to all external reporting requests.
- Prepare the FAS 123R calculations and ensure compliance.
- Work with senior management to coordinate and support preparation of and regular updates to the Strategic Plan.
- Support M&A activity including due diligence and preparation of purchase accounting
- Participate in other projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or Finance and 6+ years of relevant experience with at least 4 years of experience with a Big 4 accounting firm with heavy exposure to SEC and financial reporting
- CPA required
- An excellent knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations is required combined with the ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issue
- The ability to clearly and concisely document technical accounting and reporting matters
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation
- Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem-solving ability
- Excellent organizational skills, sufficient to multi-task in an extremely fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across multiple functions
- Previous management or supervisory experience not required
AGTC offers a competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience, including salary, benefits, and company equity. AGTC is an EOE and maintains a drug free workplace. Please send CV or resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org